Here are Dean Marshall Consultancy we understand that small business website owners like you have entirely different needs from your website than larger businesses.
We know that you are probably operating under the following constraints:
- Limited budget - any spending has to be justified.
- No dedicated web management team - your staff have real jobs and operating the website is just one more task.
- No pre-prepared promotional materials - we can help you produce the text for your website.
- Restrictions on your time - you and your staff don't have abundant time for learning complex new skills.
Web Design For Small Businesses
You have a business to promote, and the Internet provides some interesting opportunities, but for the unwary there are some pitfalls that you must avoid. Our experience and friendly knowledgeable team can help steer you through this minefield and help you establish that all important professional web presence.
More and more, people are turning to the Internet as their first port of call when they are looking for a business.
Setting up a website yourself can be a complex process involving a lot of new learning. This includes many new concepts, as well as new software packages. Along the way it can also include a noticeable number of frustrations.
Setting up a web site:
- Domain name - you need a domain name. This acts as the 'web address' and email address. For example, deanmarshall.co.uk for this site or google.com for a certain well known search engine. You do not buy a domain name outright - you pay for the right to use the name for one or two years, but with an automatic right of renewal.
- Web pages - You need some web pages, actual content for people to read.
- Web hosting - You need a computer to host those pages - this must be permanently available on the internet, for this reason most people pay an external web hosting company to host their website - hosting from home is simply not viable.
Things to avoid:
Well we looked around at some of our competitors recently, and
frankly we were to varying degrees embarrassed, ashamed and to some
extent shocked at what we saw.
We have seen prices such as £250 for a 3 page website, we have seen shockingly bad designs from an aesthetic point of view. We have seen shady practices in Search Engine manipulation, and we have met one host who charges £40 before they will release the site of an unhappy customer to move the hosting elsewhere. This same provider also operates a 'National Rate' fax line which must be used when 'requesting' this transfer - a system whereby they take a kickback (sorry, cut) of the call fees.
Of course this doesn't answer your question - but it provides a backdrop against which to measure our offering.
At Dean Marshall Consultancy our rates stand in stark contrast to these 'operators'. Don't get taken for a ride - Dean Marshall Consultancy are an ethical outfit - yes we are running a business and yes we want to make a living, but we are not out to scam anyone.
How much does a website for small businesses cost?
There are a number of factors that will affect pricing so it is difficult to be definitive, but here are our pricing guidelines:
Things that will increase the price of a design and hosting package:
- The number of pages involved.
- The amount of work needed to optimise any graphics you want included.
- The level of traffic to the site - if you anticipate extremely high numbers of visitor then expect to pay more.
- The amount of drafting, editing and re-editing needed for your text.
- The frequency of any updates.
Reasons a your small business may need a website:
- Sales - Websites sell - ask Amazon.
- Contact - Make it easy to contact you without disrupting you. On-line forms, forums and support ticket systems can help.
- Communicate - Product info available around the clock.
- Fulfilment - instant access to downloadable samples, info sheets, white papers
- Reach new markets - websites are available from anywhere
- Capture information - using on-line surveys, newsletter sign-ups or analyse visitor traffic
- Punch above your weight - enhance your image. A well-designed Web site instils confidence and can create the image that you are bigger than you are.
- Media relations - an on-line press kit can make it easy for journalists to research or report on your company
Additional uses for a website
- Competitor analysis - we can aggregate news about your competitors in a private area of your site
- Market or industry news - we can compile latest news and announcements within your market
What do you need from your website?
Sales or Marketing - are you getting the sales, leads or interest from it that you'd like?
Whether you are looking for a small site with a few pages or a full scale site with hundreds or even thousands of pages we can help.
We do one other thing that others don't. We 100% GUARANTEE results! If, for any reason, you're not completely satisfied with our service, just call us and we'll give you a complete refund.
Pick up the phone and call us. Say you're calling about the "Corporate Special."
Remember that phrase "corporate special", that's the key to a special bonus.
For our website design and management services call us