Real Joomla Traing from Joomla Traing Experts
You want to use Joomla CMS to manage your website but need some help getting started... perhaps you are struggling with the terminology or some of the other concepts?
Here at Dean Marshall Consultancy we can help with your professional Joomla training needs.
Using our training server and Skype we deliver real time one-to-one Joomla training as if we were in the same room. In theory you can be anywhere in the world at any time - although time zones would certainly have to be taken into account!
We've been designing and building Joomla powered websites for over seven years, mambo sites for three years before that and static HTML sites for over 13 years. Our Joomla articles, FAQs, tutorials and guides are amongst the best available. We understand what companies need from Joomla and how to get your site up and running quickly.
We've delivered thousands of hours of Joomla training for our clients. In that time we've figured out exactly how to provide effective training on-line in a relaxed and friendly training session.
On-line Joomla training - What you will need?
- Internet connection and PC.
- A Skype account and software with a microphone and speakers.
- A modern web browser (Firefox,Google Chrome or IE9+) - IE7 and earlier versions are not suppoerted in any way.
Expert Joomla training - What do you get?
- Five hours of one-to-one training delivered in three sessions via Skype. An introductory two hour session and two one and a half hour sessions.
- Access to our 'sand pit' - a special play area where you can make changes, practice and experiment with your installation in a no risk, consequence free environment.
- One week follow-up via email, Skype or telephone for those tricky follow-up questions.
- Knowledgebase - Access to our wealth of knowledge of real world Joomla use.
Joomla Training - Course Outline
The training session covers all the basic activities you need for editing a Joomla website.
- A tour of the parts of a page (Component, Modules, Plugins and Templates).
- Editing from the public 'front end' of the site.
- A tour of the private administrator 'back end'.
- Publishing and unpublishing modules.
- Changing the 'position' of modules.
- Creating 'sections' and 'categories' (content holders).
- Creating new articles.
- Linking your content to menus.
- Installing new add-ons (Components, Modules, Plugins and Templates).
- Any ad hoc questions you raise during the session.
None of our trainers are rocket scientists. We are people who use Joomla on a daily basis to produce websites. We try not speak in techno jargon - always trying to speak in ordinary non-technical language just like you. Of course we will translate techno-babble as required and introduce some terms to you so that you have a better chance of understanding them when you see such terms in other people's documentation.
Our lead trainer wrote many of our User Guides and has contributed to many Joomla FAQs and explanations and has worked for some of the largest template companies operating within the Joomla landscape. There are very few people more recognised throughout these communities. Rest assured - you are in good hands.